Laser hair removal is a non-invasive (non-surgical) procedure to remove undesirable hair from the face and body. It works by directing pulses of highly concentrated light of a single wavelength into the hair follicles, which are in the new growth or anagen phase. The melanin pigment found inside the follicles absorbs the laser light and generates heat, resulting in damage to hair follicles. The laser applicator is then moved to the surrounding skin area, and the process is repeated until the entire target area is covered.
White Pearl Medical Spa provides the Best Laser Hair Removal Treatment in Des Plaines under the supervision of laser treatment expert.
White Pearl Medical Spa uses the most advanced and safe laser that effectively removes hair from dark to light skin types. The laser beam penetrates the skin more deeply than other lasers, causes no damage to the epidermis, and directly targets hair follicles.
Who are the good candidates for laser hair removal?
The laser hair removal treatment can be suitable for all individuals but may not be equally effective for everyone. As per the initial laser technologies that were available an ideal candidate has dark, coarse hair and a fair to light skin tone. This means that the light hair color won’t be able to absorb the adequate amount of light required for the destruction of hair follicles, and dark-skinned people will have more chances of having hyperpigmentation. So, it is very important to go for treatment from a dermatologist to achieve safe and best results. However, today, people with darker skin tone can also undergo laser hair removal treatment in Des Plaines, IL as the lasers used at White Pearl Medical Spa can provide equal benefits to people of different skin tones. But, some may need more sessions than others for optimum benefits of laser hair removal.
How often should laser hair removal treatment be performed?
The overall time taken for the treatment varies depending on the size or area of the treatment site. The hair starts shedding within a few weeks of the first session (a significant difference is usually observed within 2-3 weeks). To achieve complete, long-lasting results usually 6-8 treatment sessions are needed. The subsequent treatment timings can be scheduled when the hair is starting to pop up from a new hair growth cycle.
How can laser treatment be made more comfortable and effective?
The patient must take into consideration the following things before treatment:
- Avoid direct sun exposure.
- Do not consume photosensitive antibiotics as they may cause burning of skin when exposed to the laser.
- A night before the treatment, the area to be treated must be clean and shaved.
- Alcohol consumption shall not be allowed at least for a day before scheduled treatment.
- A numbing cream is applied at least 30 minutes before the treatment to minimize the discomfort caused during or after the procedure. Also, a cooling gel is applied before passing the laser onto the skin so that the skin can bear the heat.
Laser hair reduction is a comfortable procedure and the patient does not feel any pain. There’s only a slight stinging sensation and heat which most people can easily bear with. The application of numbing cream and cooling gel makes it more comfortable even for people with sensitive skin.
How to care for post-laser treatment?
- Avoid sun tanning for few weeks.
- Wear sunscreen daily. Re-apply every 3-4 hours.
- At least for a day, avoid going to gym, take a hot water bath, or use a sauna.
What are the benefits of laser hair removal?
- It results in smooth skin without any sight of painful ingrown hair or razor burns.
- It does not harm any skin type or color. Unlike shaving, waxing, or plucking that can lead to unsightly cuts or irritated skin, laser hair removal works safely and effectively.
- The treated individual can return to his/her normal routine immediately.
- It works perfectly for any unwanted hair-bearing part of the body. This includes the face, legs, bikini line, chest, back, abdomen, arms, and underarms.
- The treatment is precise as the laser beam is accurately directed to the hair follicles.
- It requires only one course, and the results remain for a long time. After the completion of suggested sessions, one will need maintenance sessions only once or twice a year. Thus, it saves time for people who have to regularly shave or wax.
- Unlike other hair removal methods that require regular expenditure, one only needs to pay once (in case of advance payment) or as they avail each session (6-8) of laser hair removal. Therefore, saving money in the long run.
Interested in Full Body Laser Hair Removal in Des Plaines, IL? Make an appointment for a consultation at the White Pearl Medical Spa. Our team of experts will advise more about the treatment that would help one to satisfy their needs.